Sunday 24 June 2012

No churn ice cream

Save for diabetics, the lactose intolerant and people with sensitive teeth, who doesn't like ice cream? I ventured on a quest to find a simple recipe for homemade ice cream that didn't require an icre-cream pail (ice cream maker thingy). So I did the obvious thing and googled just that....and surprise surprise I found recipes for no churn ice creams.

These guys http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/easy-homemade-ice-cream-without-a-machine.html have some wonderful recipes. I tried it and yes it is super duper cool! One thing though it comes out really firm. I actually cut it out of the container with a knife. I also over did it on the condensed milk side but I suppose I can tweak to suit!

Are there any other alternatives you know for ice cream? Any easy ones that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment